Search This Blog

Thursday, January 28, 2010

If I Only Knew Then What I Know Now

In an effort to start the New Year off organized, my husband and I revamped the layout of our home office and in doing so I began to look through my books from college…and now I’m actually interested in reading them!





It’s amazing how much those books by Francis D.K. Ching aide me in my understanding of buildings, design, and construction. They would have been wonderful tools in supplementing my education had I actually taken the time to look through them while I was in school! Of course, I glanced at them from time to time, but not nearly enough. Some days I find myself wondering if the world would make a lot more sense to me had I studied these a little more while in school? Maybe not, but I can’t help but question it every now and then.


I have never considered myself a "history buff" but I did find my Architecture History classes rather fascinating. However, as a student bogged down with 15-18 hours of classes (including a treacherous studio) and a part-time job, it was hard to really enjoy studying about Romanesque architecture or the Enlightenment period. When I flip through the pages of this book now, I get excited about architecture and its history!


I’ll admit it. This is a book I bought with the best intentions of reading it, as I love the work of Kieran Timberlake, but again my busy life caught up with me and I never made it past page 67. With that said, it is back on my book list.

No comments:

Post a Comment