Search This Blog

Sunday, January 24, 2010

L.E.E.D. Screening Process...Really?

I am currently preparing to take the LEED GA exam. That’s LEED Green Associate for those unfamiliar with LEED V3. Does anybody else find it troubling that the USGBC does such an extensive background check on people wanting to become a LEED Green Associate or LEED AP of some other sort? I had to prove that I was somebody in a ‘worthy’ profession in the application process to take the exam and it caught me off guard. I mean, regardless of who you are or what field you’re in, does it really matter as long as you can prove your competence on the topic of sustainability? Does the USGBC or GBCI (it’s hard to keep up with the jurisdiction of each organization) really turn down applicants who are eager to learn more about LEED principles and sustainability? Wouldn’t the world be a better place, theoretically, if everyone was competent enough to know the gist of what a LEED AP knows? I’m just sayin’.

Maybe there’s a good reason for this that I’m not understanding. If anyone reading this has an idea, please let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment